Football? Bah. Wrestling? Hmmph. Rugby? Now that’s a TOUGH SPORT!

Can you name the worlds most dangerous contact team sport?

If you said Football, you’d be wrong: it is a sport played mostly in Europe but its very popular and endorsed in Australia. Yes, we’re talking about rugby.

Rugby is not well known in the United States but it is gradually penetrating into the mainstream world of sports. Rugby is recognized as a “Gentleman’s game” due to the personality of most players of this sport, and the people who first started to play rugby, which were more of the high class men back in the 1900’s.

This sport is a simple game with only two halves with 11 players on each team on the field, 7 people if it’s touch-tackle. There are many rules to it but they are very easy to comprehend and follow, but the hard part is not following the rules but the physical needs it takes to play. Conditioning is very intense to increase the stamina and strength of the players, 1 professional rugby player can run about 3 miles in the course of one game, and experience hits that equal about the strength of a minor car accident repeatedly throughout the game. The endurance of these players have to be conditioned to the extreme to handle this brutal sport, and their state of mind must be open to any possibilities of career ending hits and sometimes even life ending hits in rare cases.

Rugby  is constantly compared to soccer and football because of its similarities to those sports but they are nothing alike in the terms of physical necessity, and mental preparation. Only a specific type of people can handle the intensity and the risks of this game, it is a constant war and battle for these players on the pitch. If you ever want to attempt to play this game just make sure you can handle it.

$735
$10000

Andy Fuentes
Andy Fuentes, Assistant Sports Editor
$735
$10000

Activate Search