How do girlfriends affect their boyfriends

Desiree Luna, Reporter

Boyfriends! Many of us have had a least one boyfriend during our high school year experience. But how are boyfriends effected by us (girlfriends)?

Do they lose track of schoolwork? Do they have more tardies in class? Most girlfriends don’t feel the need to ask these questions, not because they don’t care but because that’s just not what’s on their mind, plus many boyfriends wouldn’t bring it up, but I did.

I interviewed my boyfriend Joeli Rodriguez, a sophomore here at Colton High School. Rodriguez and I have only been dating for 2 weeks so I felt it a need to ask him all these questions.

Starting the interview sweating from head to toe, Rodriguez nervously answered my questions. Have you noticed a increase of tardies and absences in class since dating? “Ummm ya, I guess… I’m late more often because I walk you to your classes.” If walking your girlfriend to class causes you to be late to your class why then do you still walk your girlfriend? “I still walk her because that’s my job as her boyfriend, and because I love her.”

As I start to tear up by hearing those three words  “I love her” I find myself able to continue.

So everything you do for your girlfriend doesn’t bother you that it might end up hurting you in your school work ect.?  “No, it doesn’t bother me because I know that she will help me along the way encouraging me to go to class, to not be late, homework helper. I don’t worry because she takes care of me, that’s why I love you so much!”

Answering in perfection I then realized that everything boyfriends do is for their girlfriends. Boys just don’t decide to be late to class everyday, they do it for that special person. But it’s our job as girlfriends to encourage our boyfriends- bring them up, not down, help them when struggling, and it’s our job to ask these questions to our boyfriends or we won’t ever know what they’re going though.