Keeping Colton High School Informed Since 1917

Jolly this holiday season? Are you kidding?

‘Tis the season to be jolly? Statistics show that people are happier during Fall and Winter. The holidays bring out the joy in people, from Halloween to Christmas. So why aren’t we at ease this season?

With Halloween but a week away and Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, everything should be happy and joyful, but there’s something different about this year. This year we’re worried about money much more than last year or the year before, with the government shutdown everything seems more hectic. People are worrying about if they’ll receive taxes in April, with our government so messed up right now how could anyone be “jolly?”  The shutdown has caused the IRS to delay next year’s filing season. The IRS said that they won’t start processing returns until January 28 or the latest February 4.

Although, the government shutdown is causing everyone to feel down and moody, get up carve a pumpkin, make some Christmas cards or just relax to the thought of this 2013 year almost being over.

Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Recently, the CHS Publications Department experienced a major theft as over $20,000 in photography equipment was stolen from our studio over Spring Break. This included all cameras. Any amount you donate will help rebuild our program. Thank you!

About the Contributor
Justice Sandoval
Justice Sandoval, Editor in Chief
Donate to The Pepper Bough
$735
$10000
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search