AVID stole ceremony is an emotional farewell

Chantz Horton, Reporter

April 21 was the most emotional night of this school year. As the school year comes to a close many clubs are saying goodbye to their seniors, and in this case the big family known as AVID honored their seniors. They held their ninth annual stole ceremony Friday at 6 pm. All the seniors were seated in order of presentation at the left side, and the stole presenters were seated on the right side. Many teachers were brought to tears as they presented their students with their stoles. Each student presented a very heartfelt speech explaining why that teacher was so special to them. As both students and teachers were brought to tears, they shared laughs, hugs, and gifts. One by one each student delivered their stole presenter with their speech, and everybody got more emotional.

After superintendent Almendarez gave his speech to parents about their kids taking the next big step and going to college, a tearful Mr. Goldkorn went and announced it was time to present. At the end of the night Goldkorn went up on stage to give the students his farewell speech, but he was soon consumed by his tears as he told the students how much he truly loved them. The ceremony was coming to a close when the AVID family yelled out a nice loud chant- “one what, one seven! At the top of the auditorium we could witness countless pictures being taken, as well as hugs and chats.