Attention Freshmen: you will change

Desiree Luna, Reporter

The first day of school is cool and exciting for everyone in every grade. There’s all the first day outfits, hair styles, classes, and meeting new and reconnecting with old friends. But let’s be honest: freshman year is much different from senior year when it comes to the first day. “      

“Freshmen year everything is new and kind of scary,”  says Seventeen Magazine in their article The First Day Of School: Freshman year Vs. Senior year. “As for senior year you’re more laid-back cuz you already know the drill.”

During the course of four years a lot of things can change: personalities, hair, makeup, clothing style, and attitude. Senior Omari Graham knows the drill all too well. As a freshman, he recalls,  “I was sexy as hell, cute, confident, and a football star, you know what I’m saying? As a freshman I had a 3.0 GPA.”

Graham was cool, fun, and just being himself. Now as a senior, Graham isn’t quite into the same things as before; he stopped playing football and insead is a DJ and even is in a business with his friend, fellow CHS senior  Isaiah Lozano. The company, ‘Apex Limited,’ designs and markets T-shirts.

Graham’s designs are uniquely original. “I don’t look up to anybody,” he says, referring to his designs, “we just come up with our own,”  Graham admits  he is a little different from when he was a freshman. He isn’t so considered with himself as much, he is more chill, and just himself. Because along the way through high school he ended up finding himself, But that’s high school for ya.

No matter what, you during your freshman year will change by senior year. Things and people just change, and you learn from everything you go though, and that is pretty much the difference between freshman and senior year. Learning from a different perspective or just learning at all– everything will end up helping you find yourself.