Don’t miss out! Come to this years summer school 2015

Feeling behind, is not a great feeling to have but having the opportunity during summer to catch up is one of the greatest feeling on Earth when your grade depends on it. Summer school in the past as well as in the present, is used by students to make up their bad grades or get ahead in a class or course. Summer school, however, has always been an issue here at Colton High. Summer school here at CHS used to be canceled or not provide to the students, but for the past 3 years Colton High has been offering summer school for students. Luckily this summer school streak will continue on because summer school will be provided to student this year, 2015.

Summer school here at CHS is six weeks long, and a semester of summer school is half of that time, 3 weeks long. If you take a class in summer you don’t have to redo it in a normal class when coming back from break. Summer school is a very conveinent way to make up grades or classes and only taking 3 weeks to complete a semester of a class makes it very popular. Why would you want to retake a class or take a class to get ahead that requires a year to complete when you can complete the class in six weeks at summer school!

One semester of summer school is the same as one semester of a regular school year and a frequent question asked by students is what happens if they need to make up two classes? Can you take the two subjects at the same time? Well the answer is no, because of the short time you have to make up the class. Although you can’t take two classes a semester while in summer school you can take one class or subject the first semester and a different one in the second.

First semester of summer school is from June 15- July 2, 2015, and second semester is from July 6- July 23, 2015. School rules still apply as if it were regular school so you can still get in trouble when doing something wrong in class. If you are absent more than 3 times or miss the first day of summer school you are automatically dropped from the class so be careful.

If you are planning on going to summer school this year you can get a sign up sheet from your counselor. The counseling office is open to students before, during(with a pass), and after school until 3:30 pm. You must turn in your sign up sheet to your councelor by May 15, 2015. Don’t miss out on this great oppertunity to get ahead or make up grades, you won’t regret it!

$685
$10000

Erica Tapia, Reporter
$685
$10000

Activate Search